Tuesday 9 December 2014

Perfect Tan with Cocoa Brown

Like most of us here in Ireland I want that natural healthy glow all year round, however with our weather this is not always possible. I was never one big into tanning until I turned 19 year old (oh this feels like a long time ago now) and I was not always sure how to get the glow that looked effortless and natural, until I discovered Cocoa Brown!
Cocoa Brown was first developed by Marissa Carter in 2012 and has grown from strength to strength since its conception. Over the past few years the collection has grown from just the self tan to a whole collection of preparation products and after care too. The following will take you through the process I use to get a flawless looking tan and how I prolong it with the multi-award winning products.

Cocoa Brown Tanning Products: 1 Hour Tan, Tough Stuff Body Scrub, Night & Day Tan, Chocolate Whip Moisturiser,
Lovely Legs, Gentle Bronze, 1 Hour Tan Dark Shade

Tanning Prep

To get the perfect base for tanning I use Tough Stuff body scrub and Chocolate Whip moisturiser .

Tough Stuff body scrub

I like to start my tanning prep about 4 or 5 days before I intent to tan. Never Exfoliate The Day You Intend To Apply Tan. I will have a bath or shower as usual and use the Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff body scrub. This is a strong coarse scrub so this is not suitable to use on delicate skin areas so I will mainly use it on areas with tough skin such as elbows, knees, feet and use a little all over my legs and arms with a pair of exfoliation gloves. This removes any tough dead skin and will also remove any old tan that has not come off with regular washing. As it is more of a shower cream consistency it can also be used on both dry skin to get a deep exfoliation or wet skin, both of which will leave you with silky smooth skin.

Chocolate Whip Oil-Free Body Moisturiser

Once I have exfoliated I use the Cocoa Brown Chocolate Whip Oil-Free Body Moisturiser. This is a light moisturiser which will prep your skin even further and is quickly absorbed so you are not going to have to hang around and wait for it to dry. This moisturiser has three purposes: To give you an even streak free tan when used before applying your tan; To prolong your tan; and to give you silky smooth and hydrated skin. You get the most out of this lotion when you use it daily after exfoliation.

Tanning

When tanning with Cocoa Brown you have plenty of choices with two 1 hour tan shades, Night & Day tan, Lovely Legs and Gentle Bronze.

1 Hour Tan Mousse

This is the original Cocoa Brown tan which leaves you with a natural looking tan after just one hour. This tanning mousse can develop three shades with different development times. You can leave this tan on for up to three hours and it stops developing after three hours so you don't have to worry about becoming an umpa lumpa. This tan will last for between 5 and 7 days once it has been washed off and there is no patches of tan left as it fades evenly. Before showering leave tan for:
1 hour = Light Glow
2 hour = Medium Glow
3 hour = Dark Glow

1 Hour Tan Mousse Dark

This 1 hour tan dark is a variation of the original 1 hour tan. It has all the same tanning abilities that we have come to love with Cocoa Brown Tan but now just in a darker shade for those of us who prefer a darker more intense tan than the original formula gives. You can get three different shades of tan from the one can by leaving the tan to develop for 1 to 3 hours depending on the desired shade. The tan will last for between 5 and 7 days when used with Chocolate Whip moisturiser. Before showering leave the tan for:
1 hour = Bronzed Tan
2 hour = Chocolate Tan
3 hour = Intense Tan

Night & Day Tan Mousse

This is probably my favorite tan in the Cocoa Brown collection. This tan needs no developing time and on application you will see a dark tan which drys instantly so no waiting around and you can get out to party the night away. When you shower this tan off the next morning you have a bronzed glow which lasts for up to 5 days. Like all Cocoa Brown tans there is no fake tan smell left behind when you apply it to your skin. 

Lovely Legs

For years I used Sally Hansen Air Brushes Legs and this Lovely Legs is comparable to it. However, in my opinion Cocoa Brown Lovely Legs knocks Sally Hansen out of the park. It truly is make up for your legs. I was really hesitant about it as I have a lot of problem areas on my legs and I thought it would just highlight the areas but to my surprise it covered them! It comes in a handy spray can so you just spray onto you legs and blend in with a tanning mitt. It can be used by itself or you can put it over a layer of 1 hour tan for a flawless finish.

Gentle Bronze Gradual Tan

This is the latest tanning product released by Cocoa Brown. This gradual tan can be applied everyday to leave your skin hydrated and also build up that bronzed look that you would get from using any other Cocoa Brown tanning product. This can also be used in place of Chocolate whip in the after care of your tan. 

Tan After Care

To maintain your glow from the application of your chosen tan you have two choices in the Cocoa Brown collection Chocolate Whip or Gentle Bronze Gradual tan. As both of these products have the same moisturising properties they are perfect for keeping you tan and skin in tip top condition. Chocolate whip will ensure a gradual even fade in the tan so you can start all over again the following week for your big night out. Every few weeks I will let my tan fade by using the chocolate whip so I can give my skin a deep exfoliation with Tough Stuff body scrub. However, if I want to keep my tan topped up I will use Gentle Bronze. 

Cocoa Brown Points of Interest

  • No fake tan after smell
  • Highly Moisturising
  • Suitable for sensitive skin
  • 1 hour tan now available in travel size
  • Easy application
  • Develops a natural looking tan "Guaranteed brown not orange"
  • Fast Drying
  • Formula suitable for face and body
  • All products are under €10 so you won't break the bank!
Cocoa Brown is a mulit-award winning tanning range and I can see why. Their tans are nothing like what is on the market now and they have taken ideas like leg make up and made them into a product that I can not love without. I rave about Cocoa Brown to my friends and family all the time and recommend it any time I am asked about self tanners. I first started using this tan range because I wanted a tan that did not accentuate problem areas of the skin like some can and I was a fan from the first application. You can purchase Cocoa Brown in Stores such as Boots, Pennys, Tesco, Dunnes Stores, and local pharmacies nation wide. Cocoa Brown also offer world wide delivery from their website cocoabrown.ie! Also if your not the self tanning type and you prefer to go to a salon and get your tan on you can now get a professional Cocoa Brown tan in beauty salons now too (for participating salons check out cocoabrown.ie and search for your county!

Are you a fan of Cocoa Brown? What are the products you can not live without? 
Are they a must in you beauty routine?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment