Saturday 25 January 2020

Kayliegh's Getting Married!!!!!!



So here I am with another life update, I told you I would be back with more!
So from the title you can gather I am engaged! After 8 years together Sean finally popped the question in the most romantic way I could ever think of!

For my birthday Sean told me he was taking me to Paris. Paris is somewhere I had always wanted to go. The culture, the food, the romance and of course Disney land! Knowing I was getting to go to a city I had always wanted to go to was the best birthday present I could have ever imagined. So we sat down and decided we were going to go in April over over the easter weekend. At this point we had not even thought about getting a house but that chance popped up after we had booked everything.



So fast forward to April 2019 and it was time to go to the city of love. Everyone at work told me I was coming back with a ring but with us just buying a house that was the last thing that was on my mind - I though Sean was on the same page, little did I know he had it all planned out.

So we arrived on Easter Sunday to our hotel which was right round the corner from the Eiffel tower and to make tings better when we checked into our hotel Sean had booked a room with a view of the Eiffel tower! It was amazing! It was almost like the Eiffel Tower had been photoshopped into the sky. (I will do a post all about my trip to Pair separately!)
We arrived in the afternoon after getting the first flight out in the morning and getting lost in the metro for about 2 hours! We rambled around the area for the few hours, got food then headed back to the hotel so we could have an early night and head to Disneyland for when it opened the following day (I will do a post all about Disneyland at a later date).

So Easter Monday we woke up early to get breakfast packed and get on our way to somewhere I have always wanted to go. We had a blast of a day and I must admit as I walked through those gates and I saw Sleeping Beautys castle in all its glory I did have a few happy tears and I face timed my parents. At this stage little did I know that they were waiting for a call for me to say that Sean had proposed.
We spent the day on rides, eating and wandering round a place that is truly a magical place.

We arrived at the park for when it opened at 10 am and come 4pm it was safe to say my feet were falling off of me! We booked a 2 day ticket when we booked our trip so I did say to Sean that we could head back to the hotel and then arrive later the next day and stay for the closing fireworks. However, he was very persistent that we were staying for the closing fireworks at 10pm that night. I was still oblivious to the fact that he had everything planned out.
So I gave in and said yes we will stay and have some food and keep wandering around until the fireworks.

So around 9:30pm we decided that we would find a place to sit until the fireworks. We sat in the curb on main street and I told him that it had been the most perfect day of my life Little did I know he was going to make it the most memorable day of my life within the next hour.

So 10pm arrives and the crowd grows and we got a spot where I could see the caste lit up in all its glory. The light show was all about the planet and the importance of our wildlife and the rainforest which was indescribable. Once the light show finished the fireworks started and it was truly an experience. I was stood in front of Sean which is not unusual  because he is over a foot taller than me. I was trying to take some pictures but as I am so short I was getting peoples heads in the photos so I asked Sean to take them because I did not know that he had other plans. I think the moment that I was actually in Disneyland settled in and I started to cry.

About 5mins into the fireworks he said to me "hey look at this" and I turned around and he was there in the glow of the fireworks, down on one knee and simply said "Marry Me?". I don't actually think I got the words yes out. I remember asking"Are you serious?" a few times and then nodding my head. I was shaking and crying with happiness and I was in shock. I did not really understand what had just happened but it was the best moment of my life. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect proposal for me. It was perfect - even now while I am typing this I have the biggest smile plastered on my face.

On the train ride back to our hotel I could not stop looking at my ring and smiling. You would think I had just won the lottery if you were and outsider. My younger sister had known since the Christmas before we went that Sean was going to propose - how she kept it a secret I will never know. As we had not called by 10pm Irish time my sister could not wait any longer and she had text Sean to find out of he had done it or he had bottled it. So I face timed my mum and dad when we got back to the hotel (of course they knew too as he asked my parent permission) and they told people for me.

So, the thing all girls want to know about, the ring! I had been dropping hints for about a year and pointing out rings every time we passed a jewellers. I always thought that I knew what I wanted but it became evident that I had no clue what i wanted in a ring. So, Sean did the smart thing, he get me a token ring to propose with and then when we got back off our holiday we went and chose a ring together.
One piece of advise I would give people when it comes to engagement rings is you never really know what you want.
We went into fields and I tried on the ring that I had been looking at forever and I just didn't get that feeling like it was the ring I was going to be wearing for the rest of my life. This is turning into a really long post so I think I will do a post all about ring shopping at a later stage before I bore you all too much!

So, that is the other biggest thing that happened last year. I am going to keep everyone informed on my plans. I am planning the wedding by myself with the help of my mother so it is a very big learning curve and it is not as easy as tv makes it look.

No comments:

Post a Comment